Performance, Adventures, News and Reviews
Genuine Subaru T Shirts, Caps and Beanies
- How AI and Blockchain Are Revolutionizing Car Manufacturing
- Unleashing the Future of Automotive Innovation
- AI and Personalization Revolutionize the Way We Drive
- Explore the Electrifying Subaru Lineup and Uncover the Thrilling 2023 Solterra
- The Impact of AI on the Automotive Industry
- Unleashing the Power of AI and Blockchain in the Automotive Industry
- Revolutionizing the Car Buying Experience
- Revolutionizing the Road: How Registering Motor Vehicles on the Blocks Blockchain is Changing the Automotive Industry
- Why Subaru is More Than Just a Car Brand
- The Evolving Landscape of the Automotive Market
- Subaholics Love Subarus!
- 2023 Subaru WRX: The All-New High-Performance Sedan that Delivers on Every Level
- 2023 Subaru BRZ: A Sports Car That Delivers Exceptional Driving Experience
- 2023 Subaru Legacy Review: A Reliable and Spacious Sedan for Your Daily Commute
- 2023 Subaru Impreza Review: A Reliable and Fun Compact Car for Any Adventure
Subaru cars are known for their use of a boxer engine layout in all vehicles. Most Subaru models have used the symmetrical all wheel drive (all except for the rear wheel drive BRZ). Subaru also offers turbocharges versions of their passenger cars, such as the WRX, STI, Outback and the Ascent.
A flat engine is an internal combustion engine with horizontally-opposed cylinders. Typically, the layout has cylinders arranged in two banks on either side of a single crankshaft and is otherwise known as the boxer.
Symmetrical All Wheel Drive is a full-timefour wheel drive system developed by Japanese automobile manufacturer Subaru. The SAWD system consists of a longitudinally mounted boxer engine coupled to a symmetrical drive train with equal length half-axles. The combination of the symmetrical layout with a flat engine and transmission balanced over the front axle provides optimum weight distribution with a low center of gravity, improving car handling characteristics.